Community Announcements
Got a new Deluxe Audio Strap? Here's how to attach it. Questions on Viveport Subscription? FAQS are here.

All green! but my headset display is flickering

Contributor

All green! but my headset display is flickering

i was playing with my vive today and all of a sudden the display started going black and flickering in the right eye. everything in steamvr is green and the only other thing it says is that the compositor is not launched. i just can't launch the compositor.

i have already had one problem with a black display, but i fixed it by replacing the hdmi cable going from the link box to my pc.

i have tried removing usb drivers and rebooting my pc but still nothing

i think it has something to do with my cables, but i would like to know if anyone has the same problem

thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES
Vive Staff

Re: All green! but my headset display is flickering

@ghosthunter_DK

Couple things to try:

1. Make sure your graphics drivers are updated

2. Make sure you're on direct mode, not extended mode. You can change this in the SteamVR settings.

Let me know if that does anything.
-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."
Contributor

thank you

i just checked and i am already in direct mode, and i just checked my drivers and they are up to date

just to add, my headset is still tracking, but i can only see the picture for a split second randomly in my right eye

Vive Staff

@ghosthunter_DK 

To resolve the Compositor issue, could you please close out steam, and reopen as administrator?  If that does not work to start the compositor, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Steam.

Regarding the issue with the HMD;  If you get the compositor working it may clear up the issue you're having with the HMD.  If it does not, please try the following:

1.  bypass the link box and connect the 3in1 cable from the HMD directly to the PC and test it.  

--If that doesn't help--

2. try to bypass the link box and use the short HDMI and USB cable and connect it directly to the HMD.  

Plese let us know the outcome of these tests.