Steam VR fine but Vive platform won't work

Berry
Contributor

Re: Steam VR fine but Vive platform won't work

I am using the kaspersky virus scanner and I have disabled this before using a HTC Vive program.

Now it is starting without any prolems.

So the kaspersky virus program is conflicting with the HTC vive VR programs.

I am now trying to include the vive programs to the kaspersky trusted, but the problem is clear now.

Thanks for the tip.

Redk1ing
Contributor

I don't know if help.. but i have found solution here
https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/0/358417008729398395/
Redk1ing
Contributor

A few days later, the problem reappeared:  the inability to launch SteamVr home and most steamVR programs. 

After several trials, trying to kill everythings running in background...I can certainly say , at least in my case, the conflic was generated by a software called Rivatuner statistcs server (as far as i know is called up by my MSI afterburner graphic card mangment software..) .

Inside the settings of Rivatuner there is an option called "Application detection level"; just bring it to "none"  and restarting steamVr, successfully restore steamVR Home and all other Steam Vr programs who did not start.

Hope can help, bye.

k58.cross
Contributor

I might have a solution, it worked once so I'm trying again with a different game:

Viveport settings -> Default folder for viveport titles (I have a SSD for my OS and HDD for games, I changed the location from C:\Program Files blah blah to D:\MyViveportGames\)

Library -> uninstall game -> reinstall and check that it's in your games partition

Open Vr and try to run it. I used this method to get Plank experience working before, now trying with Windlands

k58.cross
Contributor

didnt work

BaShark
New Arrival

I think I found the fix or solution. You have to have the viveport application running while you try to launch the game. This was the fix for me at least.

esschallert
New Arrival

i´ve the same problem everything from steam is fine but if i try to start a game from viveport it wont work, it freezes in a white room.

I´ve also completly formated my pc and reinstalled every current driver and only steamvr and viveport, still same issue.

Skullz7225
New Arrival

I was having the same issue, the viveport wouldn't launch. go into your files and select your pc, do a file search for "viveport" there is actually repair software that was installed on the initial installation. the file name is something along the lines of "viveport Desktop setup" its an application. go ahead and run it then select repair. itll reinstall viveport specifically and hopefully it gets working for ya!

ntinel
Contributor

Although Viveport and SteamVR both offer HTC Vive content, the services are hugely different from one another. Despite that SteamVR has a wide range of features tailored at gamers, Viveport is an unmissable location for more abstract experiments for the HTC Vive. 

You can search here for more information and make a decision: https://www.vrheads.com/steamvr-vs-viveport