Steam VR fine but Vive platform won't work

Berry
Contributor

Re: Steam VR fine but Vive platform won't work

I am using the kaspersky virus scanner and I have disabled this before using a HTC Vive program.

Now it is starting without any prolems.

So the kaspersky virus program is conflicting with the HTC vive VR programs.

I am now trying to include the vive programs to the kaspersky trusted, but the problem is clear now.

Thanks for the tip.

Redk1ing
Contributor

I don't know if help.. but i have found solution here
https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/0/358417008729398395/
Highlighted
Redk1ing
Contributor

A few days later, the problem reappeared:  the inability to launch SteamVr home and most steamVR programs. 

After several trials, trying to kill everythings running in background...I can certainly say , at least in my case, the conflic was generated by a software called Rivatuner statistcs server (as far as i know is called up by my MSI afterburner graphic card mangment software..) .

Inside the settings of Rivatuner there is an option called "Application detection level"; just bring it to "none"  and restarting steamVr, successfully restore steamVR Home and all other Steam Vr programs who did not start.

Hope can help, bye.

k58.cross
Contributor

I might have a solution, it worked once so I'm trying again with a different game:

Viveport settings -> Default folder for viveport titles (I have a SSD for my OS and HDD for games, I changed the location from C:\Program Files blah blah to D:\MyViveportGames\)

Library -> uninstall game -> reinstall and check that it's in your games partition

Open Vr and try to run it. I used this method to get Plank experience working before, now trying with Windlands

k58.cross
Contributor

didnt work

BaShark
New Arrival

I think I found the fix or solution. You have to have the viveport application running while you try to launch the game. This was the fix for me at least.