HTC Vive retail pruchase have access to games bundle?

Highlighted
Next
New Arrival

HTC Vive retail pruchase have access to games bundle?

Hello everyone. Like I said in the title. Does the pruchases made on retail stores have access to the games bundle?

Ive bought my HTC Vive a few days ago and I was wondering if i can get those games.

If I can access the bundle, what should I do to get it?

Thanks

12 REPLIES
Community

Re: HTC Vive retail pruchase have access to games bundle?

Hi @Next, even if you purchased via a retail store you should still get codes for the bundled apps.

Your retail store is responsible for supplying you with those codes. If they didn't provide them at purchase, I'd return to the store and ask about them. Sometimes the codes are received via email, sometimes they're on a receipt - it varies. Let us know if you still have problems.

Carx
Contributor

Hi!

I bought my Vive over a week ago from a retail store and I received a code that did not work to activate on Steam. I emailed the store  and they told me to use the code on viveport.com. I have looked everywhere on viveport.com but have not found anywhere to put in the code.

The code is built up of lower and upper case letters and numbers. It is 10 characters long.

I tried to use the "Redeem Code" in the Vive Desktop App but it would'nt work. The "Redeem code" dialog describes that it should be a pre-order code but I did not pre-order the Vive (hey they had it in the store so why not buy it right away?)

Best Regards

Carl

Community

Hi @Carx, here's an FAQ with all the details you need.

That code is redeemed at vive.com/code btw. Sorry you couldn't find it - there's supposed to be something in the box that lets you know.

Carx
Contributor

Thank you!

That worked! Finally I can download the bundle, 10 days after my purchase. I will notify the store of your reply and give them the same instructions.

Best Regards

Carl

orl0x
Settler

Whattttttttt @Carx where is it in the box ??? I have had my vive for 2 weeks now and I was not aware of this bundle. I just looked in my box like a mad man, I have not thrown anything away..

Carx
Contributor

No it did not come with the box. I received an email from the store telling me that I had codes to redeem. I logged into their website and could get my code from there.

As it says in the FAQ, different stores give out the codes in different ways:

"Redemption codes can be distributed from retailers in a variety of different ways. Some retailers may add the code on your sales receipt, some may email the code separately."

I assume that the code is never in the box because then the store has to unpack it to place the code.

Community

Hey @Carx - I jumped the gun. The notification about where to go that'll be in the box is coming soon, I'm told. The FAQ is right. Smiley Happy

Yes, depending on where you bought your Vive, the code could be in different places.

GreyWolf2308
Contributor

Called my retailer. They had no clue what I was talking about.... not impressed.
Vive Staff

@GreyWolf2308 Who is your retailer?

GreyWolf2308
Contributor

@jagibson Canada Computers in London, Ontario, Canada. This is the email they sent me regarding it.

Canada Computers do not provide game codes for the HTC Vive.

Please kindly contact HTC with your request.

Thank you for contacting Canada Computers.

Kind Regards,
Customer Service
Canada Computers & Electronics
voodoo2322
Contributor

I received an email with my codes, three separate codes to be used to redeem on Steam and one other code to be used on Viveport to get the other two games.  The steam codes worked fine but I am unable to use (or find out where to use) the Viveport code.  I tried in the redeem Vive app (right click username "redeem code") but the code was not accepted.  I used the link provided www.vive.com/code and it takes me to a screen to ask me which offer I want to choose but when I click next it just takes me to the login screen.   When I log in there is nowhere I can see to enter the code except for the first way I tried.  Any suggestions?

Emexrulsier
Pioneer

For me (buying from UK reseller), in the vive box there was a flyer with a unique code on it. I used that code on the viveport store website where I then received an email with individual codes for each item.
I got Everest, Plank, and StarTrek. Everest and Plank codes were used in the vive software and the Startrek game was from within steam.