Community Announcements
Viveport Subscriptions are now available! Read the FAQ, or sign up for your free trial.

Viveport FAQ: I'm receiving a message about a disk writing error. What should I do?

Vive Staff

Viveport FAQ: I'm receiving a message about a disk writing error. What should I do?

This means your disk is out of the space. Simply change the disk location where you download and store your content. Launch Vive software and go to Settings. Change your disk location by tapping Change under Default app folder.

2 REPLIES
New Arrival

Re: Viveport FAQ: I'm receiving a message about a disk writing error. What should I do?

I have : 

Download Error Disk Write Error

And 763 Gb free space...

What Should I do in that case ?

Highlighted
Builder

Re: Viveport FAQ: I'm receiving a message about a disk writing error. What should I do?

You should run a chkdsk/scandisk on the drive where your games are set to download.  Before doing so, since it could take a while, double check and make sure your download is really going where you think / want it to go.

You may also want to check Event Viewer System log for disk errors on same drive.

You need to determine if you are really having a disk writing error or if that is some other problem appearing like a disk writing error. If you really are having write errors hopefully scandisk with /fix option can be used to correct. If not, get out credit card.