Community Announcements

Need help with Viveport? Read this FAQ for information.

Viveport FAQ: How and where do I find my Viveport purchases?

Vive Staff

Viveport FAQ: How and where do I find my Viveport purchases?

[ Edited ]

After making a purchase on Viveport, you will need to download and install your new VR app via the Vive desktop app to access it.

Please note: Viveport purchases are not automatically added to your Steam Library. As an app store, Viveport is separate from Steam and you will not receive a Steam Key for any content purchased from Viveport.

To begin, login to Viveport (either via the web site, or the desktop app) and purchase your VR app. In our example screenshots, we're purchasing The Grand Canyon VR Experience.

Viveport page for The Grand Canyon VR ExperienceViveport page for The Grand Canyon VR Experience

After completing your purchase, you will be able to see your purchased app in the ‘Library’ tab on the Viveport web site, or the Viveport desktop app.

The Grand Canyon VR Experience, in the 'Library' tab on Viveport.com.The Grand Canyon VR Experience, in the 'Library' tab on Viveport.com.

To download and install your VR app, you will need to access the Viveport desktop app.

You may already have the Viveport desktop app installed, as part of your Vive installation process. If you do, by default you should find a shortcut on your desktop called Vive.

If you do not have the Vive desktop client installed, download it here and follow the installation instructions. Use the second download link (Download Vive Software Installer) if you have already installed your HTC Vive.

If you have any issues installing the Viveport desktop app, please see our FAQS for Viveport and for Vive.

Once installed, open the Viveport desktop app and login to your existing HTC account (which was used for your purchases). Check the Library section, then click the Downloads tab within the desktop client where you will find your apps ready to be downloaded and installed.

Viveport desktop app library.Viveport desktop app library.

Click ‘Download’ to start your download. You can pause your download and resume later if you need to.

Once your download has completed, you will be able to access your new app from within VR in one of two ways:

From the SteamVR Dashboard:

1. Open the SteamVR Dashboard by pressing the System button.
  2. From the Steam tab (located at the bottom of the SteamVR Dashboard), select ‘Library’. You will see all of your games in your Library. Both purchases installed via Steam and via Viveport can be found in this list.
  3. Locate the VR app you wish to launch and select it. This will take you to a page with information about the content or app.
  4. Select ‘Play’ to launch the content or app.

From the Vive tab in the SteamVR Dashboard:

1. Open the SteamVR Dashboard by pressing the System button.
  2. Navigate to the Vive tab (located at the bottom of the SteamVR Dashboard). You will be presented with options to launch Vive Home from this tab (located on the left), information about content available on Viveport (located in the center), and a list of content purchased from Viveport (located on the right).
  3. Locate the content or app you wish to launch and select it. This will take you to a page with information about the content or app.
  4. Select ‘Play’ to launch the content or app.

See more topics labeled with:

15 REPLIES
New Arrival

Re: Viveport FAQ: How and where do I find my Viveport purchases?

Oh No! Theres a big contradiction in your Manual:

First it says: "Viveport purchases are not automatically added to your Steam Library"

And only a few lines later it says: "From the Steam tab select ‘Library’. You will see all of your games in your Library. Both purchases installed via Steam and via Viveport can be found in this list"

This is actually wrong! 

Also: I currently cannot scroll down through my purchases in the Vive-Tab (wearing the headset)... scrolling with the Vive-Controllers just doesnt seem to work currently so I cannot reach my Viveport-Apps on this path (a bug?).

I had to reinstall the Vive-PC-Client by double-clicking on "VivePCClientSetup" in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\ViveSetup\Updater\App\PCClient

Explorer

Hi @BuzzOff, did reinstalling the vive-pc-client allow you to see viveport purchases in the steam library...and also correctly play them in vr mode? I haven't been able to play a single viveport anything yet.  

Community Manager

Neutral wrote:

Hi @BuzzOff, did reinstalling the vive-pc-client allow you to see viveport purchases in the steam library...and also correctly play them in vr mode? I haven't been able to play a single viveport anything yet.  

Hi @Neutral, can you let me know what steps you might have taken so far?

Viveport purchases should be visible in your SteamVR library inside Steam, but they can also be launched from the desktop Vive application. They shouldn't be available in Steam unless you add them manually as non-Steam apps.

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

Who's this guy? | What are badges? | Need support? Details on Customer Care
Explorer

Hi @Rockjaw and thanks for your reply. So far I've tried resetting USB drivers and of course reinstalling them, I've tried disconnecting PC side cables from linkbox (and would see drivers installing upon reconnecting...sometimes), I've tried logging in/out of everything, tried reinstalling viveport, checked to see if updated gpu drivers and stuff (they are), and also my htc and steam library is synced.  

Also, nothing which I've downloaded from viveport shows up in my steam library. I saw you said that I have to manually add them but I don't know how to do that because I don't know where downloaded viveport games go to (which directory? I've tried searching everywhere) 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @Neutral, sorry to be a bit slow in response.

Obvious but important question - do you have the Vive desktop app installed? What happens when you try to launch from there? That's launching straight from within the app. Does anything open, do you get errors?

Adding Viveport titles is possible, but yes, it's tricky. The file structure is a bit unusual. Regardless you should be able to launch them from Viveport itself, and I want to make sure you can do that before we try other solutions.

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

Explorer

@Rockjaw, Hello there and thanks for your response, yes I do have the vive desktop app installed ..I think I do anyways, there are 4 vive applications installed atm - vive home, vive, vive dashboard and one more (I'm not at the VR computer right now). I just installed whatever is included in the vivesetup from the webpage - and I've also uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Ive also tried loading just the viveport and vive home without steam to no avail. When I load the games through the viveport library it loads directly onto the desktop but I am able to hear it through the headset connection - and of course before I load it, all of the hardware (headsetup, controllers, and base stations) are checked and ready to go. 

As far as errors go, there arent any error messageboxes which come up during these viveport-game-loading incidences.  But I do however get error messages (probably unrelated) sometimes when I load the steamVR and the peripherals do not initialize due to error code "...something 08" (my screen blocks some of the message because it hooked up to the big screen and cuts off some message boxes). Usually when I get the error boxes then it goes away once I run steam as admin and then run steamVR. But again, I dont know if its related to this viveport issue I'm having.

I've been successful at adding non-steam games (referring to viveport games)  to the steam library but when I click on its "play in VR" then it once again loads onto the desktop and not in VR mode.  I am able to play steam games without a hitch though. Please help me and thanks in advance!

Community Manager

Thanks for the info @Neutral.

Okay, so of the four apps, the one that's just called 'Vive' is what you want. There should be a link on your desktop to that too, if you performed the default install. (We're changing the name soon to Viveport. Smiley Happy ) That gives you access to any Viveport apps you've downloaded, which I assume you've done.

From the sounds of it, you seem to be able to load apps via Viveport, but they're appearing on the desktop but not in the headset. However, Steam games are loading into the headset. Does that seem right? That's unusual, by the way.

Regarding your error message it could be Error 108. What surprises me is that it's going away.

Anyway, I'd like you to try fully resetting your USB devices. Sometimes software can get USB devices 'stuck' and the drivers aren't fully installed.

Before you do all of this, I'd uninstall all the Vive software (the four shortcuts) to be safe. Then do the following. All this will do is remove all of your SteamVR devices and then re-install them.

1. Unplug all Link Box cables from your PC.
  2. From your computer, go to SteamVR > Settings > Developer. Make sure the Developer Settings checkbox is checked.
  3. Click on Remove all SteamVR USB Devices. Make sure the link box's USB cable is not plugged in and click Yes.
  4. Once this is complete, quit SteamVR, plug your link box in (USB, HDMI, Power), and re-launch SteamVR.

After you've done all of that, re-install the Vive software from here. Use the second link that says 'Download Vive software'. The other one includes Steam, which you don't need.

If none of this helps, please talk to Customer Care, who may be able to run you through troubleshooting steps I haven't thought of. If you're in the US, the link in my sig is right.

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

Explorer

Ok awesome, I really hope this works.  Although I have uninstalled all vive software and reset all usb drivers before, I did not ever unplug the linkbox cables (as a part of the reinstalling process), deleted the vive shortcuts (just in case), or made sure the developer was checked. I'll do everything which you've suggested to the letter asap - hopefully I'll report good news Smiley Happy.

Community Manager

Remember you need to uninstall the Vive software, not just delete the shortcuts. That should be an option inside the Start menu. (Sorry, I'm away from a PC myself right now otherwise I'd check.)

And yes, removing the cables is important. Otherwise the PC doesn't get prompted to re-install the drivers. Smiley Happy

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

Explorer

Thank you @Rockjaw! It works now! I followed your steps to the letter and now everything works as it should. After a month of scouring the internet for different troubleshooting options you have saved me from changing my vive out to an oculus  Smiley Happy

Community Manager

@Neutral, really glad it worked out for you. Smiley Happy

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

Builder

@Neutral, what version of Windows are you using? From your posts, it sounds like I had a lot of the same symptoms as you, on Win7 Ultimate x64. The only way I got mine to work was to do a Win10 install on another drive. I am prepared to keep one Win10 drive used only for Vive and another one for everything else. But if there's hope, I'd really like to avoid having to shutdown and cable up a different boot device every time I need to check email or do something other than Vive. Thanks!

Explorer

I do not see the "delete" option to remove installed apps within viveport. I have submitted support tickets to vive but no response. I do have the full Vive program installed, and the games play fine. But how can I uninstall them if I don't want them anymore?

Community Manager

Under your 'Library' tab in Viveport, when you hover over an installed title, you should see a little garbage can icon appear. See my screengrab below. Just click it to remove a title.

viveport-library.png

Let me know if you have further issues.

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler