Vive / Viveport FAQ: Where do I get the free/bundled games with my Vive? How do I redeem the codes?

Community

Vive / Viveport FAQ: Where do I get the free/bundled games with my Viv...

Please note: this information is current as of August 25th 2017.

FAQ: Where do I get the free games / apps that came bundled with my Vive?

When purchasing a Vive, several bundled titles are included with your purchase. The exact titles may vary depending on when your Vive was purchased.

To get these titles, you need to redeem a code which is supplied for you after purchase. There are two ways to receive the codes.

If you bought via Vive.com:

• The redemption code will be sent via email to the email address you registered during the purchase process.
  • This code should be redeemed at www.vive.com/code/
  • After redeeming the initial code, you will be shown (and emailed) the separate codes for your games and apps. You may need to download the Vive desktop app and Steam to redeem these codes (see below).

If after purchasing your Vive you have not received the codes via email within one week, please contact our Customer Care team. This post lists details on how to contact Customer Care, globally.

If you bought via a retailer:

• Redemption codes are usually found in the Vive packaging. If the code is not there (please check carefully!) it's possible that the code will be issued by your retailer. Some retailers may add the code on your sales receipt, some may email the code separately. (Australia/NZ customers: See separate note below.)
  • The code should be redeemed at www.vive.com/code/
  • After redeeming the initial code, you will be shown (and emailed) the separate codes for your games and apps. You may need to download the Vive desktop app and Steam to redeem these codes (see below).

For most customers, if you do not receive your initial redemption code from your retailer, you must contact your retailer for further information and follow-up.

Australia / New Zealand customers: Retailers do not issue redemption codes in these territories. Please contact Vive Customer Care (Australia, New Zealand) with proof of purchase, instead.

How to redeem your Vive/Viveport codes

Codes issued for Richie's Plank Experience, Everest VR and Tilt Brush are redeemed on Viveport.

To redeem a Viveport code

1) Download and install the Viveport desktop client (PC only). Note: You may have already installed the client as part of your Vive setup process.

2) Launch the client. You should be logged in to your HTC account (created, again, during setup - it will usually be the same login you use to access the forums).

Capture.png3) Click your portrait at the top right of the client screen (pictured left). Click 'redeem content'.

4) Enter your Viveport content codes, one at a time, into the box and click 'Redeem'.

5) You should find your new Viveport content in your Library, ready to be downloaded.

To redeem a Steam code (CD key)

Codes from some previous Viveport bundles have to be redeemed on Steam (for example, Star Trek: Bridge Crew). 

Full instructions on how to redeem Steam codes (AKA 'CD keys') are available on Steam support.

Stephen 'Rockjaw' Reid
- Community Wrangler
IanFrisby
Visitor

Re: Vive / Viveport FAQ: Where do I get the free / bundled games with ...

The redemption page is not working for me. Any news on a fix?

nmastereal
Contributor

Also not working for me. When I click it, it flashes the cart page then takes me back to the bundled game page. I really want to play these games. Any word on a fix or manual assistance?

nmastereal
Contributor

Spoke to Customer Service. They are aware of the issues and have notified headquarters. Current estimates of a fix are within 24-48hours. 

SkyboxerOS
Settler

Well I came to the right place. Was freaking as I couldn't get to anywhere to redeem my code. Gamestop said it was a STEAM code but it isn't so figured it was a VIVE code. Went there and page not working.

Vive Staff

Hey @IanFrisby @nmastereal @SkyboxerOS

Sorry for your troubles.

Can you describe at what point it fails?  i.e. are you able to validate the code before checking out, can you even reach the code redemption page, does the code itself fail, etc?

Let me know if you experience any difference on another browser (or even your mobile).

Thanks,

John

nmastereal
Contributor

When we were all trying to redeem. We went to www.vive.com/code/ clicked next, and it flashed the cart page saying something like "Product Out Of Stock" and then went back to the vive.com/code page. I tried multiple browsers at the time.

Trying now however worked correctly. It brought me to cart with the products added
SkyboxerOS
Settler

It's all good now. What it was doing yesterday was after hitting Reedem code, the screen would flash and show a "Your Cart is Empty" real fast then go back to last screen.

So then I tried to do it by clicking on my Account name and redeem there but it would say invalid. 

Today I logged on and tried again and it worked Smiley Happy

And I LOVE the VIVE! 

Vive Staff

Thank you all for your responses and so glad it's working for you now. Keep posting if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Cheers,

John

LisaC
New Arrival

**Update, nevermind. We figured it out! Thanks Smiley Happy**

I successfully redeemed my code and received my e-mail with new codes and instructions for the installation of the free games. I followed the steps that were given:

1. Download VIVE software
2. Launch the VIVE software on your computer
3. Sign in to your HTC Account
4. Click on your profile image in the right upper corner
5. Choose "Redeem Code"
6. Type your offer code in the dialog box and the content will be added to your Library

When I click on the profile image Redeem code is not in the drop down box. Any suggestions or information? Do I need to skip these steps as use the redeem code link again with the game codes? Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mburton007
Architect

Hey everyone!

I have a simple question about this redemption thing..
As some of you may know, I was one of the winners of the Design a Vive accessory contest so I didn't get a code for the free games. However, I talked to Support and they sent me a code to get my bundle. I tried it on steam and it worked, got The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the Starseed and Zombie Training Simulator.

However, when I tried in Viveport, it said that it was an incorrect code and it wouldn't work. I talked again with Support and they told me to write a reply and ask if you guys know why It didn't work. Please let me know, I really want to play Richie's Plank Experience and EverestVR because they seem like great experiences.

Community

Hey @Mburton007. Welcome back. Smiley Wink

The code you received was for both Steam games, as you realize. The same code doesn't work on Viveport, it's just for Steam. At the time you won the contest, if I recall correctly, we were only bundling Call of the Starseed / Zombie Training Simulator - so the code's working correctly.

We added Richie's Plank Experience and Everest VR at the end of January, and they require a separate code. FYI, they're both available in the newly launched Viveport Subscription. Smiley Happy

Stephen 'Rockjaw' Reid
- Community Wrangler
Mburton007
Architect

Thank you!

I will get the subscription right now!

Also, Happy Vive Day!

valrond
Contributor

Hi. I just received my Vive yesterday and it works wonderfully (if it only had higher resolution, it would be perfect).

I immediately signed in for the free 1 month viveport subscription, and one of the experiences I picked was Everest VR.

Later I found the code, and when I access the web site to redeem it, I found one of the free offers was Everest VR, and the other was a viveport subscription. I have two answers:

If I redeem the code, Everest VR becomes my own, can I change it for another one during this month, as I already have it?

And the other one, this month of viveport subscription, is in addition to the free one everyone gets, or it' the same, and I don't get another month of viveport?

Thanks.

bulloko
Builder

Part 1 - No clue :-(. I'd guess if you contact support that might be able to do something for you.

Part 2 - This is a great question! The "Year bundle" was supposed to come with a Free Month of VivePort. Plus there is currently a Free Month on sign-up... that sounds like 2 months to me!

Labels