Community Announcements
Got a new Deluxe Audio Strap? Here's how to attach it.

Vive / Viveport FAQ: Where do I get the free / bundled games with my Vive?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Vive / Viveport FAQ: Where do I get the free / bundled games with my Vive?

Hey @valrond,

For Everest VR, you'll be able to redeem that and keep the app. However, once you've chosen your five apps for Viveport Subscription, you can't alter those choices until the end of your first month (AKA free trial). After that you can change every billing period (a month). So, I would suggest you wait until the end of your first month and then apply the Everest VR code after that. You'll be able to keep it then. I realize that's a little awkward, but you just uncovered a scenario we hadn't thought of!

In addition, I'm afraid every customer is only entitled to one free trial of Viveport Subscription, for one month. The one offered on purchase is the same as the usual trial. (Good assumption but wrong, @bulloko. Smiley Wink )

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

Who's this guy? | What are badges? | Need support? Details on Customer Care
New Arrival

How do I get my keys to redeem these titles on Steam? I am only given the option to redeem on Viveport, but I was told I could do either Steam or Viveport. I do not want to install Viveport as I exclusively use Steam to manage my entire VR library. Don't want my library fragmented across two different softwares.

Any help on getting my Steam codes would be appreciated.

Community Manager

Hi @LunchForDinner, I'm afraid the current bundled titles are available only through Viveport.

It's possible someone told you based on our previous bundles, which included Steam titles, but the Everest/Richie's Plank Experience bundle is Viveport-only. Apologies if you were misinformed.

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

New Arrival

I cant redeem my codes either.  I go to vive.com/code and click on "Next" only to be transferred to the Vive website and what is functionally a dead end.  Nothing is put into my basket and there are no options to redeem the code.  What is the issue here?

Community Manager

Hi @Dilsaver36, can you try the link below? This should take you directly to the redemption page. You can then either login using the account credentials you used to login here, or checkout as a guest. (You'll still need to login to the desktop PC client, using the same login you used to access the forums, to redeem the codes.)

https://store.vive.com/code/global/checkout/cart/add/product/45

Let me know if that doesn't work. If you have any issues, before you report back, try a different browser, disabling extensions, clearing your cache/cookies and also try 'incognito' or 'private' mode too.

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

New Arrival

https://gyazo.com/7ed4c6da4c3b7c7903f4db273d367e11

I end up on this page, when i click next it takes me to the front page all the time.

I tried to redeem it in the Vive program thingy, and it dident work.

I tried to contact your support, was not helpful what so ever.

Community Manager

Hi @Nelfy, can you try the same link as I posted above?

https://store.vive.com/code/global/checkout/cart/add/product/45

Let me know if that works. Thanks!

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

New Arrival

I'm having this exact problem, I tried following the link you gave above and it just takes me through to the main page, nothing about redeeming a code.

Contributor

I'm also having the same problem. Got my vive last week. The code doesn't work on the vive app. The link mention above also takes me back to the vive homepage.

Contributor

So I was actually able to figure it out. It seems that when you try to log in with your credentials, it just redirects back to the home page instead of keeping you at the check out page. This happens in Chrome (including incognito), Firefox, and Edge.

I was able to overcome this by just doing guest checkout. This then took me back to my checkout page where I was able to proceed and input my code. I then got the new codes for the two games and was able to redeem thoses through the viveport app. 

Hope this helps. 

New Arrival

That's right, this is the real solution now. I tried for a hour until i found the same solution. What might help with this is to log out and then clear your browsers cache before visiting vive.com/code again. Because FF and IE both just went back to the main page without asking again for the option as a guest checkout.
New Arrival

[ Edited ]

When I click "next" on vive.com/code it just brings me to vive.com/us, so there was no where for me to type in the code. I opened viveport to see if I had to redeem it on there, but that said the code was invalid. Any tips to redeem it?

I see this was answered in an earlier post, my apologies.

Vive Staff

[ Edited ]

This seems to be a cookies issue. Try clearing your cookies or completing visiting the redemption site while in an incognito/private window. 

Contributor

Hello.

Are there any plans to refresh the current bundled game offerings with different titles?

I haven't redeemed my code which was in the box, as neither Everest nor Richie's Plank are of interest to me.

I've noticed that there used to be other titles available at different times since the Vive's launch, and these two have been on offer for quite some time now.

Thanks, and love my Vive!!!!

New Arrival

Basically this redemption just does not work. I have tried on several browsers, on both Windows and OS X, on incognito and normal mode, and it just does not work. I cannot redeem the code, it just tells me an error happened. However, every time it tells that the code is valid.

Even worse is that if I was logged in to Viveport, then I cannot even reach that redeem page. I had to click "redeem as guest" and only then I was directed to redeem page.

This is totally unexcusable. I am a professional VR developer myself, and we are launching our game this year. Based on this experience we will be thinking twice to put our title on Viveport, if there are this kind of issues.