Community Announcements
Got a new Deluxe Audio Strap? Here's how to attach it.

VR for Impact - How can VR make the world a better place?

Community Manager

Re: VR for Impact - How can VR make the world a better place?

bambrookeashley wrote:

Hello! I sent in an application on behalf of my team back on 1/27. I saw on a recent thread that emails had been sent out to individuals who registered before 2/15, so I'm a bit concerned. Is there anything I can do to check and be sure my info was received? Thanks!

Send me a PM with the email address you applied with, and I'll check it out for you.

That email was only a status update, by the way - it wasn't telling people that they'd been selected or otherwise! So if you didn't get it and you've applied, don't be too concerned.

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

Who's this guy? | What are badges? | Need support? Details on Customer Care
New Arrival

Heya @Rockjaw

I've submitted three seperate pitch slates to the VR for Impact form as three different submssions. I've used my same name and same email address for all three submissions.  I am now concerned they might overwrite each other.

Please if you could confirm if all three slates have been recieved and are eligible for consideration. 

Thank you so much, 

Director

Jessie Hughes

hellojessiehughes@gmail.com

Community Manager

Hi @JessieHughes - I see three entries for you. They're all eligible. Smiley Happy

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

New Arrival

@Rockjaw

Will there be an opportunity to send a proper pitch or decisions will be based only on what was written in the small text box? 

I've tried to be as explicit as I could about the concept, team experience, etc but I feel like this format is a bit limiting. 

Contributor

VRPEACEMUSEUM-VirtualAugmentedRealityPeaceMuseum.jpgThe central goal of my Peace Projects, is that Peacemaking methods can be taught and VR as well as Ar can be offered globally to all not as object lesson, a how to text-book style but as an "experience" of walking in the shoes of great peacemakers at historic moments in their lives. Entertainment value yes, but expereince value of far greater value. Ask yourself what would it be like to be Gandhi in South africa 1908 facing a railroad workers strike. VR for the time offers creators, and my team the opportunity to place the viewer user into that world, time frame, even part of the decision making of that event by restaging it in "period settings" and all.

Impact on any viewer is immersive, and allows that individual "leadership choices" on a very personal level. You can see and learn more how peace making at become part of smarter, wiser cities and places as well using AR and VR with my project: http://peacewalkway.org and http://VRpeacemuseum.org

New Arrival

Hi @Rockjaw I think I submitted multiple times because I didnt get a notification. Would you be able to check that you have recieved them please?

New Arrival

Hi @Rockjaw

We are trying to submit our proposal but everytime we hit submit the button flicks to submitting then back to submit. 

We are also unable to acces the website in a new tab - is it down?

Many Thanks,

Tom

New Arrival

hi! Amazing Call for ideas, but I just cannot seem to access your website in New Delhi since the past few hours... can you tell us an alternate way to submit our ideas and proposal? Would love to be evaluated but cant understand if this is your project website getting jammed because of a lot of traffic or some other issues. Other friends in India are also having the same problem with your site today

Cheers

Avinash

Community Manager

Hey @tommillen@thiruda123 - I don't see any current issues with the site (from the US). Can you check and let me know if you're still having issues?

@goldengus - send me a PM with your email and I can check for you.

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

New Arrival

Hi @Rockjaw,

I too have just submitted a project via the VR For Impact website, ahead of today's deadline. I was wondering, primarily for peace of mind, if you could confirm whether the submission as been received and accepted? I can send the email I included via PM if you'd like.

Sorry for the hassle!

Community Manager

@dannyunderwater - it's in there. Smiley Happy

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

New Arrival

Hello @Rockjaw,

We had submitted a proposal on behalf of our lab to the 'VR for Impact' initiative last night and I had sent you a PM in this regard this morning. Just wanted to confirm receipt and registeration of the proposal and get any additional information you might have about next steps/timeline.

Thanks much for all your help and guidance!

New Arrival

Hello,

I tried to submit a project for VR for Impact, but the website must have been jammed. Excited to see that VR for impact is getting so many proposals!

My project is to use virtual reality to reduce implicit racial bias in high schools and police departments across the United States. This addresses SDG n°4 (inclusive education) and SDG n°10 (reduced inequalities).

Our technological partner is Nonny de la Pena, VR pioneer, who has validated the concept and committed to developing the app once I get funding.

The project is supervised by an interdisciplinary team of social psychologists (Pr. Jack Glaser, UC Berkeley, expert in racial profiling) and neuroscientists (Pr. Manos Tsakiris, expert in the neurophysiology of racial bias).

We are partnering with the Ashoka Changemaker School network to have access to high schools across the nation to pilot test the application. 

Here is a short overview of the project as I presented it at the WIRED conference : http://www.wired.co.uk/article/alexandra-ivanovitch-simorga-virtual-reality

How can I apply for the fund?

Thanks much for your help!

Alexandra Ivanovitch, PhD

Settler

Can the projects being considered, and those not being considered, expect to hear so anytime soon?

Community Manager

Hi @Timbiat, we don't expect to be contacting anyone before late March or April. There's a lot of consideration and review to be done!

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler