Community Announcements
Got a new Deluxe Audio Strap? Here's how to attach it.

My official request for direct porting of Vive controllers to keyboard and game system controllers.

Contributor

Re: My official request for direct porting of Vive controllers to keyboard and game system controlle

[ Edited ]

I'm here to make a bit of noise!

I would really like my vive controllers to be able to emulate an xbox controller, or mouse and keyboard too!

I'm not talking about a backward step here either - some VR games out there do not support the Vive controller at the moment, eg House of the Dying Sun, Elite Dangerous, Battlezone VR and others. Personally I don't like gamepads - the stick movement is too small and I can see my Vive controllers with my headset on, unlike the keyboard, mouse or gamepad. So please, give us the option to use the excellent Vive controllers, give us the option to remap the functions to a keyboard press, or a trackpad to a control stick position, it really can't be that difficult can it?

I reckon you guys could knock up a simple control mapping utility in a matter of days if you wanted to.

Contributor

Re: My official request for direct porting of Vive controllers to keyboard and game system controlle

Oh, and could you create a sticker or something that is tracked in VR so I can see where my beer is with the headset on?

Vive Staff

@ReDorDeD

Thanks for your input, as you can see in the earlier part of the thread, it's not really something we're looking at doing. In the future, there might be some entrepreneurial third party which develops something like that, but I haven't heard of anything.

We do have the Vive Tracker available for devs right now which would basically do what you're talking about. A sticker wouldn't be enough for the tracking system Vive uses.

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."