Community Announcements
Got a new Deluxe Audio Strap? Here's how to attach it.

Is there a problem with the new Deluxe Audio Headstrap hinges?

Highlighted
Constructor

Re: Is there a problem with the new Deluxe Audio Headstrap hinges?

Hi Kranky Pantz, good seeing you here.

I did get my Deluxe Audio Strap last Friday. I do very much like the headphones built onto the Strap, they are quite good, better than some of the headphones I have at the house but not as good as my AKG Studio cans. I'm having mixed feelings about the overall comfort level of the new Strap, I personally don't find it any more comfortable than the old strap, maybe even less comfortable due to my having to have the Vive set out a little farther (side adjustment rings) to the full 2nd line away from my face to compensate for my eyeglasses. I'm still experimenting with the new strap, constantly adjusting it to try and get the sweet spot to where it will be comfortable, right now, I have to tighten it a bit too much and feel a lot of pressure on my face, but I am making progress with it. As for the desintegrating foam problem, from speaking to someone, it seems if you get one that the foam can fall apart just by rubbing it right out of the box, then you got one of the bad batches, so far mine has been holding up well, I've not sweated much with mine yet but no sign of the foam falling off or leaving itself on my skin (touch wood). I've never tried a Oculus but I've heard from many sources that it is much lighter than the Vive, this would be a welcomed thing but at te same time I preffer a lot of the features the Vive has over the Oculus (thus why I chose it).

I've been doing very little Sim Racing since getting the Vive, having fun with other VR related apps and games. But I did notice that when I do use the Vive for Sim Racing, I am faster in VR than I was with triple monitors. I seem to be able to judge the corners better, brake later and back on the throttle sooner. Smiley Happy

I've also tried Prescription lense inserts from VRsight, these were horrible, the plastic frame around the lenses is too thick (as compared to the VR Lens Lab inserts) and pinches your nose when having a smaller IPD (mine's 63.3) and it's more blurry than wearing my glasses.

I also bought some Mammut protective rubber covers for my controllers, this is very helpful in case to hit the wall of something in the heat of action. I've also tried 2 different face covers from Vr Covers which I don't personally care for. I'm still using the HTC ones, Just ordered 2 wide ones when I ordered my new Strap. I've been hanging out a lot in VR Chat lately, some of the user created "Worlds and Avatars" are simply amazing there. Smiley Happy

I hope you are getting much enjoyment from both your Vive and Oculus.

Take care

Regards: Jack

Constructor

Re: Is there a problem with the new Deluxe Audio Headstrap hinges?

Oh yes, also regarding the hinges..... if you look into the Vive on either side, there is a very small screw there, this is what holds the hinges in place. They are a T4 or T5 (I can't remember) Torx screw, I made sure these two screws were nice and tight before I installed my Deluxe Audio Strap. Smiley Happy
Regards: Jack