Community Announcements
Viveport Subscriptions are now available! Read the FAQ, or sign up for your free trial.

Hey everyone! I'll be your community guy.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey everyone! I'll be your community guy.

[ Edited ]

... well hello.

This, I am sorry to tell you, is indeed me.This, I am sorry to tell you, is indeed me.

I'm Stephen Reid. I'm your community guy this evening. Well this morning. Also tomorrow. And the next day! I'm intending to be here for a while, so this gag is already old.

I've been working in community for about 12 years, which is actually 120 years in real time, so I guess that counts as experience. I've been around, mostly in gaming, including stints at places like BioWare Austin, 2K, NCsoft and PlayStation, when the PS2 was 'pretty cool'.

I've been around long enough to remember when The Lawnmower Man was a cutting edge representation of virtual reality. Around about the same time, I was making foolish predictions about VR, like the crazy idea we'd all get addicted to an immersive fantasy RPG which would be indistinguishable from real life. Turns out that was World of Warcraft and it was a little early for VR, but you know, we'll get there.

Now, I'm proud to help bring this community online and I hope you'll join me and the rest of the Vive/Viveport team in our journey.

Cheers for now,

Stephen

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

Who's this guy? | What are badges? | Need support? Details on Customer Care
4 REPLIES
New Arrival

Re: Hey everyone! I'll be your community guy.

Hey Stephen

Any demo team or educational contacts for discounts in Toronto Canada?

We're doing some great things with architectural visualization and VR has got to be our next step.

The vive is our program vr of choice - we'd love to get a demo using our design software or get one for our school if at all possible.

Contacts?

Thanks

Explorer

Hi Stephen nice to meet you Smiley Happy although we have spoken before!

Can i ask i sent you a pm a while ago and awaiting a reply if you can.

Many Thanks!

Architect

how did i miss this post? 
now i have a picture of the famous @Rockjaw i will either build an avatar for vrchat or use it as a dart board cover. Lol only joking 
Glad you got our backs and look after us all in this Tiny community. 

Se7enVR
-Is it Real or Just VR? not a question just a Signature
New Arrival

Just read the FAQ for the Viveport ARcade platform and have some questions, can you email me back to start a discussion or who I should have that with?