HTC VIVE Pro Price? When? Thoughts?

GameCookerUSRocksVR
Pioneer

HTC VIVE Pro Price? When? Thoughts?

What do you think of the new HMD coming? Anyone know the price? Personally, I can't wait for it. Does anyone know when we can pre-order it? Or even request a press review prototype. I want mine asap. 

boombome
New Arrival

Re: HTC VIVE Pro Price? When? Thoughts?

The pro looks amazing, and i cant wait either. i do hope that there might be an "upgrade" option for those of us with a vive already.

Se7en11
Architect

I had a look and it looks impressive. I will put it on order the second i can preorder it. 
unless those nice people at HTC want to donate one to me. 

Se7enVR
-Is it Real or Just VR? not a question just a Signature
SourceOG
New Arrival

I got the vive for last christmas and now a new one coming out sigh... what to do with the current one now?
BDS
Builder

I really like the new Vive Pro but I'm on the fence as for purchasing. I usually do every other update on things, but this is a little more complicated as I do understand it will be long while for the next gen Vive after this and at that point, a new computer would be needed most likely. So updating now is being seriously considered. So like most people,  I guess it really depends on the price. If it's cheap enough, I'll get it. If it is more on the expensive side, I may just wait and see if they release a Knuckles, Tracker 2.0, VivePro kit in the future, buy that, and then just donate my old Vive to a family member.

CaTaPulT
Architect

From reading a few news articles from people at CES, the new Vive Pro will be available for purchase without base stations or controllers, just the headset, from the sounds of what I read, almost sounds like you'll have to prove you already have the Vive to buy the headset alone. My guess this thing will not be cheap.

As for the Knuckle controllers, these are not a product of HTC but Valve, unless they give the manufacturing rights to HTC and permission to bundle them with the Vive and Vive Pro then you may have to purchase them from Valve.

Regards: Jack

Bighouse
Explorer

I hope they release the pricing soon. I am looking to purchase 25 units sometime this year and if the price works for me, I’d much rather have the Vive Pro than the original.

Se7en11
Architect

sell to your friend and then you always have someone to play a multiplayer game with you. 

Se7enVR
-Is it Real or Just VR? not a question just a Signature
ymo1965
Settler

Have a look at this. Might be nothing to it but if its true then I'm well happy.

https://medium.com/silicon-valley-global-news/htc-vive-pro-price-rumor-9e311ee6c5a5

I'm in the uk, so hope that we don't get shafted with a higher price compared to the u.s. The tpcast was set at a lower price bracket and we know how that ended up. Soon as the new vive wireless solution appears the TPCast price is sure to plummet. They're just raking it in as it's the only wireless unit atm.
GameCookerUSRocksVR
Pioneer

What to do with the one you have now? Enjoy it. Play VR until your heart is content. It doesn't matter what is coming. What you have now is what matters. I have no regrets having my VIVE for the past 2 years even with all the later releases getting newer more quality games for free. You can't wait for future tech to come out to have fun otherwise you may as well never buy anything. We live in a time when innovation is growing at an exponential rate so don't fret. Get excited. ;-)

GameCookerUSRocksVR
Pioneer

I don't think a new computer will be needed unless you are really pushing the low end right now. My GTX 1070 supersampling is up above what the new one will have native so if you are within recommended specs you should be fine. I have heard people using a GTX 760 and GTX 680 on the current VIVE. Video card is the major thing to have upgraded. Processor with Intel you can get away with a few GigHz under the 4.0 mark. AMD CPUs I would be more worried about. 

GameCookerUSRocksVR
Pioneer

I am sure they will have a bundle package available. And about price? Well, it is not the same HMD so selling it cheaper would not be practical for the company. It is an upgrade. This hardware is not some excessory for a computer. It is a serious and professional piece of hardware that is within consumer reach. I'll be happy to fork out extra money for a new better VIVE. Rift still does not appeal to me for many reasons and Pimax or whatever it is called is way off from being perfect to buy. And I don't think I have to say much about Microsoft's MR HMDs. Lol. ;-) The new one will be worth it and if you still are concerned go to a Microcenter or other computer store and try it out first to see if you like the resolution compared to the current VIVE. 

GameCookerUSRocksVR
Pioneer

Yeah I forgot about the VR AR thing and the surround sound is good too. The article here was well written and just reading it I'm sold already....again. ;-)
GameCookerUSRocksVR
Pioneer

The article below (in posts) states you may buy just the HMD and use existing lighthouses and controllers. Me personally, I won't mind buying all new stuff. Mine is beat up quite a bit but still works. It shows you get what you pay for. Roomscale is brutal but a necessary thing to experience for true VR fun. HTC VIVE took a risk and made something more expensive but durable. I'm glad.
Biome
Contributor

problem with just buying the headset is, that you can't make use of the new tracking system that they use, which is also compatible with the normal vive
Labels