01-08-2018 03:03 PM
What do you think of the new HMD coming? Anyone know the price? Personally, I can't wait for it. Does anyone know when we can pre-order it? Or even request a press review prototype. I want mine asap.
01-08-2018 05:59 PM
The pro looks amazing, and i cant wait either. i do hope that there might be an "upgrade" option for those of us with a vive already.
01-08-2018 10:22 PM
I had a look and it looks impressive. I will put it on order the second i can preorder it.
unless those nice people at HTC want to donate one to me.
01-09-2018 09:14 AM
I really like the new Vive Pro but I'm on the fence as for purchasing. I usually do every other update on things, but this is a little more complicated as I do understand it will be long while for the next gen Vive after this and at that point, a new computer would be needed most likely. So updating now is being seriously considered. So like most people, I guess it really depends on the price. If it's cheap enough, I'll get it. If it is more on the expensive side, I may just wait and see if they release a Knuckles, Tracker 2.0, VivePro kit in the future, buy that, and then just donate my old Vive to a family member.
01-09-2018 11:25 AM
From reading a few news articles from people at CES, the new Vive Pro will be available for purchase without base stations or controllers, just the headset, from the sounds of what I read, almost sounds like you'll have to prove you already have the Vive to buy the headset alone. My guess this thing will not be cheap.
As for the Knuckle controllers, these are not a product of HTC but Valve, unless they give the manufacturing rights to HTC and permission to bundle them with the Vive and Vive Pro then you may have to purchase them from Valve.
01-09-2018 03:45 PM
I hope they release the pricing soon. I am looking to purchase 25 units sometime this year and if the price works for me, I’d much rather have the Vive Pro than the original.
01-11-2018 08:03 PM
sell to your friend and then you always have someone to play a multiplayer game with you.
01-14-2018 05:28 AM
01-15-2018 07:01 PM
What to do with the one you have now? Enjoy it. Play VR until your heart is content. It doesn't matter what is coming. What you have now is what matters. I have no regrets having my VIVE for the past 2 years even with all the later releases getting newer more quality games for free. You can't wait for future tech to come out to have fun otherwise you may as well never buy anything. We live in a time when innovation is growing at an exponential rate so don't fret. Get excited. ;-)
01-15-2018 07:04 PM
I don't think a new computer will be needed unless you are really pushing the low end right now. My GTX 1070 supersampling is up above what the new one will have native so if you are within recommended specs you should be fine. I have heard people using a GTX 760 and GTX 680 on the current VIVE. Video card is the major thing to have upgraded. Processor with Intel you can get away with a few GigHz under the 4.0 mark. AMD CPUs I would be more worried about.
01-15-2018 07:10 PM
I am sure they will have a bundle package available. And about price? Well, it is not the same HMD so selling it cheaper would not be practical for the company. It is an upgrade. This hardware is not some excessory for a computer. It is a serious and professional piece of hardware that is within consumer reach. I'll be happy to fork out extra money for a new better VIVE. Rift still does not appeal to me for many reasons and Pimax or whatever it is called is way off from being perfect to buy. And I don't think I have to say much about Microsoft's MR HMDs. Lol. ;-) The new one will be worth it and if you still are concerned go to a Microcenter or other computer store and try it out first to see if you like the resolution compared to the current VIVE.
01-15-2018 07:12 PM
01-15-2018 07:16 PM
01-17-2018 08:05 AM