Community Announcements
Got a new Deluxe Audio Strap? Here's how to attach it.

FAQ - Viveport Subscription

Community

FAQ - Viveport Subscription

[ Edited ]

viveport-subscription-blog-2.jpg

Got questions about Viveport Subscription? We hope to answer them here. If you have further questions, leave them below!

What is Viveport Subscription?

In addition to purchasing content from the Viveport store, customers also have the option to enjoy premium VR content through a monthly subscription plan. Customers pay a low monthly fee to enjoy a limited number of apps each month.

How do I sign up for Viveport Subscription?

Click here to visit the sign-up page. Alternatively, visit Viveport.com. If you are not logged in, click the banner to get details about Viveport Subscription and sign up. If you are logged in, click the ‘Subscription’ tab to sign up.

Which titles are available as part of Viveport Subscription?

Viveport titles that are participating in Viveport Subscription are noted on their product pages. They are also listed when you sign up for Viveport Subscription. We're adding more titles regularly to expand the collection.

How does the Viveport Subscription free trial work?

Everyone is eligible for a one-month free trial of Viveport Subscription. Your credit card details are required during sign-up, but you will not be charged until the beginning of your second month. You may cancel your Viveport Subscription at any time.

When will I be charged for my subscription?

If you are signing up for Viveport Subscription for the first time, you will not be charged until the beginning of your second month. Your selected method of payment will then be automatically charged on a monthly basis. You may change your payment method or cancel at any time.

Please note, when clicking 'sign up' on the subscription page, you will be prompted to enter payment details. This is required, but you will not be charged until the end of your first month.

If you have previously had a Viveport Subscription, upon re-subscribing, you will be charged for the first month’s subscription upon sign-up. Your selected method of payment will then be automatically charged on a monthly basis.

How do I find out when my subscription will renew?

You can check your subscription’s renewal dates on your profile page:

1. Sign in to your HTC account on Viveport.com. Click your name in the upper right corner, then click ‘Account’ and select ‘Subscription’ to see details.
  2. On your mobile device, sign in to your HTC account on Viveport.com. Select ‘Account’ in the left slide-out menu and select ‘Subscription’ to see details.
  3. Launch the Vive Desktop client on your PC and sign in to your HTC Account, if required. Click your name in the upper right corner (your profile page) and select ‘Subscription’ to see details.

Where can I see my monthly title selections?

You can access and review your monthly subscription selections in your Library tab:

1. Sign in to your HTC account on Viveport.com. Click ‘Library’ to see your title selections.
  2. On your mobile device, sign in to your HTC account on Viveport.com. Select ‘Account’ in the left slide-out menu and select ‘Library’ to see your title selections.
  3. Launch the Vive Desktop client on your PC and sign in to your HTC Account, if required. Click ‘Library’ to see your title selections.

Your selected titles are also marked on the Subscription Page.

How do I update my monthly subscription selections?

During the first three days of any subscription period (i.e, the monthly period after which you sign up, or are charged), you are able to pick five subscription titles to make up your selection. Once you have confirmed, your choices are fixed until the end of the subscription period. At that time, you’ll have another three days to change your choice of titles. If you do not want to change titles, you don’t have to do anything.

To manage your subscription titles:

1. Sign in to your HTC account:
    • Sign in to your HTC account on Viveport.com. Click ‘Library’, then click ‘Manage Subscription’ and follow the instructions.
    • On your mobile device, sign in to your HTC account on Viveport.com. Select ‘Account’ in the left slide-out menu and select ‘Library’. Select ‘Manage Subscription’ and follow the instructions.
    • Launch the Vive Desktop client on your PC and sign in to your HTC Account, if required. Click ‘Library’, then click ‘Manage Subscription’ and follow the instructions.
  2. Decide which titles you want to keep from your previous subscription month by unchecking the title(s).
  3. Click "confirm selection" (regardless if you keep all, a selection, or none of your titles from your previous month).
  4. You can now pick additional titles. You do not need to pick all titles at once, as long as you have not picked all five titles, you can add new titles anytime during your subscription month.
  5. Once a title is confirmed, you cannot change your selection until your next subscription cycle.

What happens if I forget to update my title selections at the start of a subscription period?

If you do not change your selected titles within the three-day window in the beginning of a subscription month, the titles you selected the preceding month will continue to be accessible until the next month when you can change them.

How can I cancel my subscription?

We would be sorry to see you go, but you may cancel your subscription at any time in your profile page:

1. Sign in to your HTC account on Viveport.com. Click your name in the upper right corner, then click ‘Account’. Click on ‘cancel your subscription’ at the bottom.
  2. On your mobile device, sign in to your HTC account on Viveport.com. Select ‘Account’ in the left slide-out menu and select ‘Subscription’. Select ‘cancel your subscription’ at the bottom.
  3. Launch the Vive Desktop client on your PC and sign in to your HTC Account, if required. Click your name in the upper right corner (your profile page) and select ‘Subscription’, then click ‘cancel your subscription’.

In the desktop client, click your name in the upper right corner, then click 'Subscription'.In the desktop client, click your name in the upper right corner, then click 'Subscription'. 'My Profile' page. Click 'cancel your subscription' to cancel, then click 'Yes' to confirm.'My Profile' page. Click 'cancel your subscription' to cancel, then click 'Yes' to confirm.

After you unsubscribe, you will have access to your subscription titles until the end of your subscription period.

I tried to cancel my subscription but I don't seem to be able to?

If you see this screen, you will find that you're unable to click the 'Yes' button to unsubscribe.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 10.14.31 AM.png

This is because you need to select your initial five titles before we can process your cancellation. (The only scenario in which you should see this screen is if you immediately try to cancel right after sign-up.) Click 'No', select your five titles, and then start the cancellation process again. 

I see a $1 charge on my credit card, what is that?

Some banks and credit card companies will deduct an 'authorization charge', which this usually is. This should be refunded by your bank soon after deduction. Contact your bank or credit card company if you have issues.

See more topics labeled with:

27 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: FAQ - Viveport Subscription

I've been trying to subscribe to Viveport since the service was launched, without success. Viveport's homepage doesn't even load properly in my browsers - there's a blank space at the top of the page (where I think the subscriptions are being offered).

Would it be because I'm from Brazil? Any help?

Viveport_home.jpg

Builder

@Alessio - I see you have an AdBlocker on - given the icon I'd guess it's "Ad Remover for Google Chrome. Though these are great tools - they don't always block the right things.

Try either:

• Disabling it
  • Visiting the site in incognito mode (given you haven't enable that extension for incognito mode)
  • Using a different browser (that you haven't installed extensions on).

Let me know how that goes for ya!

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for the advice bulloko. Unfortunatelly, I'm stuck in the same place.
The icon you noticed is 'Avira Browser Safety' extension for Chrome. Disabled it and still, no link to Viveport's subscription at viveport.com.
I also tried Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge without success:
Viveport_home_edge.jpg

Viveport_home_firefox.jpg

I also tried in 2 other PCs at home and Viveport's homepage keeps loading with this blank space and no link to the subscription service.
Any other advice? Maybe a direct link to the subscription page or a way to subscribe when accessing Viveport through the HMD.

Contributor

Tried once again and it worked! Although I have no idea why, it's all fine now. Thanks for helping.

Community

Hi @Alessio, I'm glad this worked out for you but still a bit confused as to the issue - which we'd like to solve.

Would you mind letting me know...

- What OS you're using (Windows, I'd guess, but which version?)

- Which browser(s) you used - ideally inc. version numbers (check the 'About' section, usually in help - for example I'm on version 57.0.2987.133 of Google Chrome here)

- Any extensions you may have enabled

Feel free to send me the info in PM if you like. Thanks in advance!

Contributor

Hi, @Rockjaw.
I'm using a Windows 10 PC, Build 14393.1066.
Chrome 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit).
Firefox 52.0.2 (32-bit).
MS Edge Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0

Enabled Extensions in Chrome:
Viveport_extensions_Chrome.jpg

No active extensions in Firefox. No active extensions in Edge.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no listed subscription and no cancellation tab or button. Needless to say I can't cancel. But I was just charged after checking just a couple days ago to make sure I had canceled before the charge time hit. I'm now out $6.99 despite having no listed subscription.

I'm on iOS and Safari latest versions no blockers.

Vive Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi @Gamer1st

Please browse to this URL https://www.htcsense.com/troubleshooting . If prompted to log in, use the credentials that you use to log in to Viveport. Once successfully logged in take a screenshot and send to me via PM when you get a chance.

Also, check if going to this URL directly allows you to view/cancel subscription status: https://www.viveport.com/myprofile#subscriptionInfo

Thank you!

John

Vive Staff

Thanks @Gamer1st

It will take me a little bit to look up some info on my end.  When going to this link does it show you that you have an active subscription?

https://www.viveport.com/myprofile#subscriptionInfo

Contributor

It says I don't have a subscription and tells me to click HERE to get one.

Thats the problem I'm having.

Vive Staff

Ok, thank you.  I will need to perform some research and confer with some colleagues.  I will respond with an update on Monday at the latest.  

Thanks you!

John

Contributor

They say they cleared by subscription but now I can't log in with my other account here on the forum. It claims there has been too many log in attempts and I need to reset my password. No matter how many times I reset it I get the same message.

They also said that I need to get my refund here and that all they do is cancel the subscription part. Hopefully the subscription has been canceled because I still can't tell from the site.

Community

Hey @Gamer1st 1, PM @jagibson directly on this so he can get information from you. It'll move faster that way. Smiley Happy

Vive Staff

@Gamer1st you mentioned in a previous post using safari and ios. do you run into the same issues on a desktop computer?