Community Announcements
Got a new Deluxe Audio Strap? Here's how to attach it.

Deluxe Audio Strap restock info?

Contributor

Deluxe Audio Strap restock info?

Does anyone have news as to when the Deluxe Audio Strap will be back in stock and available to buy again?  I check for news on it and check vive.com, the Microsoft Store, Amazon, Newegg, and Fry's  almost every day, but so far haven't found any info on when it will be back in stock.

It seems like this is most likely due to the foam issue, but I have no way of confirming.  Anyone out there with some info?  I, and I'm sure (10's of ) thousands of other people, would love to get our hands on one as soon as possible.

18 REPLIES
Community

Re: Deluxe Audio Strap restock info?

As I understand it, @SandmaN, some adjustments are being made to the Deluxe Audio Strap, but I've got no timeline on when it will be available again. If we do get information we'll share it here.

Contributor

Sounds good, thanks!  Looking to get six of these as soon as possible.

Settler

Whaaaaaat??????

"Adjustments"?????

I certainly hope that any improvements and adjustments also apply to those of us who took the leap of faith and bought the DAS on day one, as I did.

Either by user upgradable parts shipped out, or an outright exchange.

The Steam Summer Sale just had a whack-load of high intensity VR on sale, some of which are considered to be high cardio titles....and I stocked up.

Even though I wear a sweat wicking skull cap under my HMD straps, it'd be nice to know my foam isn't gonna be crumbling away.

Please post info ASAP as it becomes available.

Thanks

New Arrival

Yes, Thanks. But it has been quite a while since the initial launch and then silence. Any info would help as now the original straps are hoping up at $200 +. So and word? maybe Late Summer? Fall?
TexRiguez
Constructor

I saw a VR News type video on YouTube that mentioned something about the Deluxe Audio Strap being re-stocked and going back on sale tomorrow (Monday July 10th). Time will tell.
Regards: Jack
Explorer

Monday 9am Eastern still OOS 

New Arrival

Have you considered the possibility that others might want to get their hands on the deluxe audio strap? Six straps are you serious? HTC says limited quantities are available. There should be a limit of one strap per customer.

Raz
Contributor

takes a while to wash 100,000 foam head straps huh Smiley Happy

you know they are not throwing them in the trash

Explorer

Re: Deluxe Audio Strap Available Now

Get em before the vultures descend

Raz wrote:

takes a while to wash 100,000 foam head straps huh Smiley Happy

you know they are not throwing them in the trash

Settler

Hi CaTaPulT ,

Did you see that the "other" HMD can now be had for a HUGE discount now?

$549 all in with the motion controllers bundle if purchased directly.       

If you were ever curious and considering picking one up, there's no better time.

I'm going to order a second one for myself....this is just too good of a deal to pass on.  

Figured I'd give you the heads up.

Usually I wouldn't promote the competition on a site like this, but since HTC/Vive are being completely silent and not letting us early adopters of the "not so" Deluxe Audio Strap know how/if they are going to make things right, I could care less what they think.         

Constructor

Hi Kranky Pantz.
Thanks for the heads up.
Right now, I'm just staying with the Vive since I have a expensive set of prescription lens inserts coming (hopefully I don't have to wear glasses in my Vive anymore).
As for the other HMD, I am curious for sure, but right now, I think I will wait until the next generation HMD comes to market, one this better screens (no Screen Door Effect) and are more efficient than the current HMD's available today.
VR still has a long way to go before it really appeals to the masses, the biggest hurdle right now is the price (for the HMD and the computer upgrades needed), but also, the bulk of the HMD's not everyone is willing to strap a brick to their face.
Also the software has a lot of maturing to do so it can become reliable with all the myriad of computer hardware combinations out there. Now with Microsoft and other big outfits getting into the picture, things may start to progress a little quicker.
Time will tell.
Regards: Jack
Vive Staff

@Kranky Pantz If you have problems with your DAS foam contact  @jagibson or @Synthesis to schedule a replacement insert. You've been able to request a replacement for over a month at this point and we definitely made public announcements about your ability to do so. 

The audio straps are back in stock for all markets as of today. 

Settler

Sorry but I haven't seen any official announcements which were obvious to us early adopters, definately not for over a month.

Was there an official sticky or pinned thread with a headline such as this here in the forums which stated that fact?

All I ever read, even up until last week that they were investigating the issue, with no ETA on a resolution, and that there were "adjustments" being made.

In the end, what improvements have been made to the new straps we'll be receiving, or were they simply washed, as another poster had jokingly mentioned?

I will contact the appropriate department now that you say it's fine to do so.

Thanks

Settler

No worries, figured I'd give you the heads up, since there are differences between the HMD's.

BTW, it sounds as though you are holding off on a new HMD based on what you've already experienced with the Vive and that 4k'ish Pimax one.

Trust me, the one on sale now is much closer to what the criteria you have stated you are looking for.

True 4K is going to require much more PC than most people already have in their possession.

Either way, figured I'd let a fellow user who dabbles in cockpit style games/sims know about the recent price drop/sale.

P.S. Did you stock up on VR games during this last Steam Summer Sale?

I got a ton, which is why I'm grabbing another HMD to use for the living room PC....sort of a social thing and also one for workout/cardio based games.