08-06-2018 02:32 AM
Using Unity 5.6.2 with the newest version of Viveport.
When I use User.GetUserName() it returns what seems to be the user for for login. However when I get that players entry in a leaderboard it returns the first name and surname, to make matters worse i cannot now check the leaderboard entry against the username if i want to highlight it to the player as their score.
Is there another way to do this or is this something that'll be adressed in the future?
08-06-2018 11:21 AM
Technical Specialist - San Francisco, CA; Monday-Friday
08-06-2018 07:39 PM
We provide the display name to the end user from its account.
The following is the display rule.
1. The end user logins HTC account.
2. Viveport allows the end user to set up its display name.
3. If the end user completes the display name, the end user will show the display name on the leaderboard.
4. If the end user doesn't setup the display name, the end user will show the real world first name only on the leaderboard.
5. Viveport follows the GDPR rule for the leaderboard.
Please advise us what do you want for the leaderboard.
08-07-2018 04:52 AM - last edited on 08-07-2018 10:02 AM by VibrantNebula
On our account we've setup the display name and when we use the GetUserName funtion it returns the display name. However when I get a leaderboard entry, then access that entries display name it returns the real world name and not the display name.
It also returns both the first and second name and not just the first name.
08-07-2018 07:03 PM
Thanks for your information.
The leaderboard part, we are doing to show the display name, and will finish the task ASAP.
Will let you know once done.