Community Announcements

Welcome, Vive developers!

Do you want to post and interact on this forum? Send a PM to Rockjaw detailing what you're working on and you'll get access.

Tracker USB via pogo pins?

Highlighted
Contributor

Tracker USB via pogo pins?

Is it possible to communicate over usb with the tracker via the pogo pins rather than the usb socket? The cable hanging out like in the gun prototype is quite ugly and a hazzard for being snapped off etc, Espesially for objects where the tracker will sit atop a pole or similar and the cable will hang out the side like a P.

Cheers,

Sol

5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Tracker USB via pogo pins?

Hi @solexious, I believe that's possible, although I'm not an expert here.

I'd suggest you take a look at the Developer Guidelines (download them here). To me, it looks like you're describing 'use case 5' here.

If you haven't, also take a look at our SDK and hardware FAQs.

Let me know if you don't get the answer you need there and I'll follow up.

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

Who's this guy? | What are badges? | Need support? Details on Customer Care
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Sadly the guideline hints at it, but only lists the pogo pins as connections for buttons, no word about usb. Would love to know if it could be done!

Cheers

Sol

Contributor

Any news?
Vive Staff

Hi - here's some useful Vive Tracker blogs - we'll be updating documentation soon

http://www.talariavr.com/blog/vive-tracker-initial-documentation/

https://medium.com/@mattwiechec/sending-feature-reports-to-the-vive-tracker-over-usb-e25b39ac10c5

let me know if you have any additional questions :-)

Settler

the pogo pins are good for digital signals, if thats all you need your golden. If you want to do anything complex or have analogue, I suggest you find a way to hide the usb cable.