Community Announcements

Welcome, Vive developers!

Do you want to post and interact on this forum? Send a PM to Rockjaw detailing what you're working on and you'll get access.

Creating a movie of my Vive experience

SOLVED
Contributor

Creating a movie of my Vive experience

Is it possible somehow?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vive Staff

Re: Creating a movie of my Vive experience

Hi @diggerJohn, the best applications to record Vive screenshots is the open source tool OBS Studio. This video goes over some of the basic settings you should be aware of. When selecting the source choose either the VR application's window or SteamVR's mirror (either left eye or right eye, not both eyes). Some applications work better than others and some have 3rd party modes that are specifically designed for capture. When capturing 1st person view, be very conscious about how quickly you are swinging your head. 

-David R
2 REPLIES
Vive Staff

Hi @diggerJohn, the best applications to record Vive screenshots is the open source tool OBS Studio. This video goes over some of the basic settings you should be aware of. When selecting the source choose either the VR application's window or SteamVR's mirror (either left eye or right eye, not both eyes). Some applications work better than others and some have 3rd party modes that are specifically designed for capture. When capturing 1st person view, be very conscious about how quickly you are swinging your head. 

-David R
Highlighted
Contributor

Before I saw your post I learned about and used Nvidia's GeForce Experience software already on my system.

It worked fine.

Thanks though, I will keep this in mind.