Community Announcements
Got a new Deluxe Audio Strap? Here's how to attach it. Questions on Viveport Subscription? FAQS are here.

New Viveport Team Member: David R aka VibrantNebula

Highlighted
Vive Staff

New Viveport Team Member: David R aka VibrantNebula

[ Edited ]

Mesh_jpeg.jpg      Greetings everyone, my name is David Romero and I am the newest addition to the Viveport team. I am specifically focused on developer support and hope to be a helpful resource for anybody experiencing technical issues related to the Vive ecosystem. I hail from Denver, Colorado and am extremely excited to be part of the growing and rapidly evolving Vive community. I personally come from a multidisciplinary background that is deeply rooted within natural sciences, specifically microbiology as well as amateur astronomy.

My interest in VR extends back into my childhood but became firmly cemented during my time at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science where I had to opportunity to run Gate’s Planetarium which is essentially a 55-foot diameter virtual reality chamber.  I am primarily interested in the potential for VR/MR/AR to reunite the scientific and artistic communities and facilitate platforms that enable universal access to volumetric educational content. I am deeply obsessed with photogrammetry and volumetric capture and you can follow my personal endeavors into 3D on Sketchfab @VibrantNebula.

VibrantNebula     by VibrantNebula     on Sketchfab

-David R
4 REPLIES
Community

Re: New Viveport Team Member: David R aka VibrantNebula

Welcome aboard David!!! For anyone unsure, those embeds are real volumetric scans of real things. It's all very clever and I don't pretend to understand.

Say hi everyone!

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

Who's this guy? | What are badges? | Need support? Details on Customer Care
Vive Staff

[ Edited ]

WebVR enabled too for all of you early adopters Smiley Wink https://webvr.info

-David R
New Arrival

What does this guy know?  I mean, other than being an absolute diva of photogrammetry and the main reason I even got introduced to Vive in the first place (and bought one the next day).  Congrats my friend!

New Arrival

Congrates David R on joining Vive Team.