'Design a Vive accessory' competition winners

Community Manager

'Design a Vive accessory' competition winners

Hey everyone! Thank you for your patience while we determined the winners of our 'Design a Vive Accessory' contest.

We were extremely impressed with the level of thought, innovation and dedication that went into your accessory ideas. We're sure some might even inspire real world creations. With a community this engaged and smart, we're looking forward to future displays of creativity!

Our delay in announcing winners was due to a thorough vetting of the votes cast. It became clear some entries had votes cast by mass-created groups of accounts. We examined thousands of different entries, votes and accounts, then cross-checked against a variety of criteria to determine final winners.

There was a lot of passionate debate and engaging commentary around many of the winners, but our final choices were based on legitimate votes that were cast. Our decision on winners is final. Thank you to everyone who entered!

Our final winners are, in no specific order:

@Mburton007 for 'Meetu, Multiplayer Controller'

@Scornz for 'Custom Tracked Object'

@EmptyPipe for 'The Cymbal Stand'

Congratulations to our winners, and thanks again to everyone who entered. I'll be reaching out to the winners via PM for more details.

Stephen Reid
- Community Wrangler

Who's this guy? | What are badges? | Need support? Details on Customer Care

See more topics labeled with:

8 REPLIES
Architect

Re: 'Design a Vive accessory' competition winners

[ Edited ]
Wow!! Thank you Rockjaw, and Viveport for hosting this contest. I'm honored and touched by your selection. This Vive will go to good use as I continue to host demos at area schools.
Innovation is going to be key in the next chapter of virtual reality. HTC has shown its true colors in hosting this contest, that it values continuing to develop their product to make it competitive in the emerging world of VR. I hope that my design might have inspired some others to take the leap and try hosting a virtual reality demo at their school also. Hopefully, if we use cymbal stands, it will keep our lighthouses safe and secure for many such opportunities

Thanks again!
Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Totally missed this post, was watching with anticipation regularly. Wish I had time to have gotten my submission in earlier! Oh well. Congrats to the winners with the most votes.

Architect

Don't know why i didn't see this posted earlier aswell.
But congrats winners!

Architect

Congrats to everyone who won! I hope there will be another competition soon!
"The programmers of tomorrow are the wizards of the future. You're going to look like you have magic powers compared to everybody else" -Gabe Newell
Architect

Hey, well done everyone!

This was not a particular problem in this contest (the top voted post entered extremly late), but I would like to post the following for futute contests:

I'd suggest seperating the voting phase from the entering phase. I think this would promote better quality more than early entering and therefore take away the pressure to create something quickly (at least I had that).

Other than that, good job running the contest and congrats to the winners Smiley Happy

_______
I like your style!
Architect

@NikiNeu @Rockjaw This is a great idea!

"The programmers of tomorrow are the wizards of the future. You're going to look like you have magic powers compared to everybody else" -Gabe Newell
Pioneer

I was actually surprised when friends and family could not vote a day after I submitted my entry. The rules made it sound as if votes could be cast throughout until the winners were announced, or after the 30/31st or whatever. Oh well, got one days worth in I guess Smiley Wink .

Architect

I interpreted it that way, too.

_______
I like your style!